Makes 2 servings
Like most people, I'd rather have too much food than not enough, especially at my summer family BBQ's.
Luckily, one of the best things about BBQ's is the leftovers.
After a party filled with salty snacks and lots of meat, use your leftovers to make a light but filling salad the day(s) after your big event.
From the grill
... •4 ounces chicken breast, lean pork or beef
•1 four-inch piece corn on the cob
Leftover burger fixings
• 12 lettuce leaves, 6 tomato slices and 4 onion slices.
•1/4 cup tortilla or potato chip crumbs
•1 TBSP salsa
•1 TBSP guacamole
1. Cut meat, lettuce, tomato and onion into bite-size chunks and toss together in a large bowl.
2. Cut corn off the cob and add to other ingredients in the bowl.
3. Crunch up chips in the bag they came in and sprinkle crumbs over salad like croutons.
4. Add salsa and guacamole and mix into salad vigorously.
Calories per serving-225
Protein per serving-20g