Homemade Mexican Casserole
Try this healthy, delicious recipe that is full of flavor and fiber and is easy to prepare.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and heat two frying pans to medium with 1 tsp. of olive oil in each.
2. Pour 2 TBSP. green enchilada sauce into one pan and add 1 chopped up boneless, skinless chicken breast. Cook meat until browned.
3. Add 1 large zucchini squash and 6 large white mushrooms chunked to the other pan, along with 6 cloves of finely chopped garlic. Cook on medium for 5 minutes, remove from heat and place lid on pan.
4. Spread 2 TBSP. green enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup jalapeño flavored refried beans around the bottom of a casserole dish.
5. Cover with 3 corn tortillas, distribute half the chicken and half of the veggies evenly over tortillas and drizzle 1/2 cup tomato sauce over the top.
6. Repeat step 6. but instead of tomato sauce, drizzle 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce over the top.
7. Finely grate 2 ounces jack cheese, evenly distribute over the top and bake dish at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
8. Cool 5 minutes, cut into 4 servings and garnish each serving with 1/4 of an avocado.
Calories per serving-375
Protein per serving- 25g