Monday Morning Chicken Dinner
When life gets busy and time for cooking a healthy meal is limited, try this easy, nutritious recipe
before heading out for the day. You can prepare it in 5 minutes, leave it to cook all day and when you
get home, dinner's ready!
Use leftovers to make chili, sandwiches and casseroles throughout the week.
1. Set your crockpot to low.
2. Pour in 1 TBSP. of ketchup, 2 TBSP. of your favorite hot sauce, 1 tsp. of cumin, 1-2 cups of water (enough to cover chicken) and stir together.
3. Place 3, one pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts into the crockpot.
4. Add 2 large zucchini squashes and 6 large white mushrooms chunked.
5. Let cook on low 6-8 hours and then shred meat with a fork.
6. Serve 5 ounces (2/3 cup) over 1/2 cup cooked quinoa.
Per Serving without quinoa:
Per serving with quinoa: