Sometimes life calls for a cookie but when we are trying to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle, it's important to choose a healthy one. Here is a flour-less cookie recipe that makes 30 chewy gluten-free, low-fat, cookies that have only 5g of carbohydrate and 35 calories each. Enjoy!
5 small egg whites
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup toasted sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spread coconut onto a cookie sheet and place in oven for 5 minutes or until coconut is slightly browned.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Place egg whites and salt into a bowl and mix on high with a mixer about 2 minutes or until white and foamy.
5. Spoon in coconut and stir gently until blended.
6. Drop small spoonfuls about an inch apart onto cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with olive oil spray and bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
7. Remove and cool 5 minutes and serve!
Michelle Strand, RD